Calendar of Posts
October 2014 M T W T F S S « Oct 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31
Search our Blog
Connect With Us!
Rumors are swirling over the Facebook IPO that is expected to happen this year. It sounds like the IPO will happen this spring with the IPO expected to range from $80 Billion to $100 Billion. We thought it would be a good time to review some famous Tech IPOs.
- IPO = $2.7 Billion
- IPO = $175 Million
- IPO = $750 Million
- IPO = $100 Million
- IPO = $671.7 Million
Facebook (2012 expected)
- IPO = $100 Billion
Sources: businessinsider.com, techcrunch.com, msn.com
- If Facebook were a country it would be the 3rd largest by population
- If Twitter were a country it would be the 5th largest by population
- If Linkedin were a country it would be the 11th largest by population
- If Apple used their net sales year to date they could buy everyone in the U.S. a new iPhone 4s
- If Exxon Mobil took their Gross Profit from 2010 and used it to pay for the total cost of US motor gas consumption per day, they could cover the total cost of gas in the US for 3.8 years.
- If Carlos Slim Helu gave away half of his net worth he would still be the worlds 5th richest man.
Sources: forbes.com, press.linkedin.com, investor.apple.com, facebook.com/press/info.php?statistics, en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Twitter, finance.yahoo.com, bestbuy.com, www.eia.gov